Start a new topic

Text files are showing garbage characters

some of My TXT files In Chinese language or in Japanese language are showing garbage characters, Can Younity support Shift JIS, GB and Big-5 encoder files ?
(177 KB)
(115 KB)

1 person has this problem

Hi Miada,

I apologize for this issue you are having.  It turns out that you have uncovered a defect in our software.  We are currently working to fix this issue and hope to have it included in our next IOS release.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention, we also apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thank you

Carlotta Simonson

Miada there is one work around to this issue that you could use until we get this bug fixed.

When you open your document in younity and you see the garbage characters, tap anywhere on the screen and two icons should appear on the bottom footer.

Select the right-most icon (a square with an arrow going up) and then select the "open in" icon (the same square with an arrow pointing up) in the dialog that pops up.

Now select another text edit application to open this file in.  This will allow you to view the correct text outside of younity until we are able to get this fixed.

Again our apologies for the defect and thank you for your patience.

Carlotta Simonson

Thank you for the reply :) I just tried to tap "open in" and tried to select every icon but it didn't open in any app, should I setup something to make it work?
(137 KB)

Hi Miada,

That list you provided in your screen shot is what you need. Simply select one of those apps (e.g. 'QuickOffice' or 'Note') and it should open that file in QuickOffice. If that does not work, let us know. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Login or Signup to post a comment