Start a new topic

Younity continues to scan endlessly on win 8 pro?

Description:Does Younity work with win 8 Pro?

Hi Dennis. Sorry for the frustration. younity supports Win8 and should not be behaving as you describe. Would you mind sending in your logs from any affected Win 8 machines? Simply go to the taskbar and right-click on the younity icon, select Preferences and then click to "Send your logs to Entangled Media."

We'll try to sort through this and see what the problem is. Thanks for your patience.

I've taken a look at your log file. You're right that it doesn't seem to have finished its initial scan after quite a few hours. I don't have an answer for that yet, so I think it might be best if you restart younity on your PC. If you don't see any improvement after that, please send your logs in again.

By the way, I also see younity continually updating the list of your registered devices from our server. We do that every 30 seconds whenever the Preferences dialog is open.

Would you mind checking to see if you have the younity Preferences dialog open? If so, closing it will quiet down that activity.

Sorry you're having difficulties, and thanks for your patience in helping us resolve this issue.
Login or Signup to post a comment