Start a new topic

Scanning now for almost 18 hrs. I've send my log files.

Description:It's about 250 GB.

Hi Erno,

Sorry you're having problems. I took a look at your log file and indeed, your scan is not completing. Others have reported similar issues, but I think this is the first time we've seen a log file that shows the scan not completing as it should.

I don't know the answer for the problem just yet, but of course, we will look into it further and see if we can reproduce it. In the meantime, if you're willing, would you be able to restart younity on your Mac? I suspect that will fix the problem you're having, though of course we will need to fix it on our end for a future release.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.
OK. Restarted. It says it's scanning now (again). We'll wait and see.
Thanks Erno,

If you don't mind, I'd be interested in seeing your log file again. Either after it completes (you will get a little popup if it does -- I would give it maybe 20 mins), or after about 20 or 30 mins even if it doesn't.

Of course, only if that's convenient for you. Thanks for your help, and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Your latest log shows the same problem. If you're willing, could you do one more test for us?

Please exit younity on your iOS device. That will keep it from trying to pull data from your Mac while it's scanning.

Then, restart younity on your Mac one more time. I'd like to see if this scan completes without iOS hitting it at the same time.

Give it maybe 20 mins and see if it finishes in that case. Again, assuming you're willing and able to give it another try.

We really appreciate your patience and assistance with this. Thanks.
I've killed/excited younity on both iphone and ipad and restarted. I'll send you the log files again in 20 minutes. And hey, make this work and you earn yourself an
great ambassador in the Netherlands. Especially since we share the same type of company name: mine is youniq, yours is younity ;-))

Unfortunately, your latest logs look the same. As a last-ditch effort, you could try stopping younity on all your devices and then deleting this directory on your Mac:

/Users/[you]/Library/Application Support/younity

If you can't see your Library directory in Finder, you will need to unhide it by using the Finder 'Go -> Go to Folder' menu and then typing:

After you delete the directory, restart younity on your Mac. You will need to re-register using the e-mail address and password you used before.

If the scan actually completes this time, you can then start younity on your iOS device.

Sorry about this. I realize this is a lot to ask from one of our users. Thanks for your assistance and patience.
Login or Signup to post a comment