Start a new topic

Scanning... (for week or more)

Description:I have younity installed on a two different PC's and my iPhone. One PC worked perfectly, but my other PC has been stuck on scanning for a week or more. I have tried stopping/killing the app on that PC and then restarting it. It promptly starts scanning again, but it has been scanning for days. It does not appear to be indexing any new directories or files.

I just sent a log report from the troubled PC

Sorry things are not working for you, at least on one machine. I'm looking at your log file now. The scan is definitely not finishing. Do you think there's any chance this machine was asleep during this time? That would be anytime between 4:20 am and 10:13 am yesterday (the 21st). Your log doesn't suggest so, but perhaps we're doing something wrong there.

younity attempts to prevent the machine from sleeping (not the display, but the rest of it) when the machine is connected to AC power. However, if there is a bug there, perhaps the sleep cycle could be affecting the scan.

One thing you could try, assuming you're willing, would be to change your power management settings to prevent the machine from going to sleep, and then restarting younity on that machine. Obviously, we'll be testing the same thing here, but it might help get past this issue temporarily.

If you're sure the machine isn't sleeping during these scans, the only recourse would be to shutdown younity on the troubled PC, delete this directory:

and then restart younity. You will need to re-register that PC using the same e-mail address and password you used before.

I realize this is a lot to ask, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience.
1. Machine was not going into sleep mode. It has always been set to 'Never'
2. I deleted the directory and started over. I am having the same issue as well. It has been "scanning..." for days.

Could it possibly be anything that is running on my PC? Dropbox? Carbonite? Etc.

I wish I could blame it on someone else, but it's our problem :)

If you are willing, I'd like to see your log file again, though it's probably the same problem. I don't have any better answers just yet. Sorry for the inconvenience. -- Mike

I did send another log file a few hours ago.

Please let me know if you need another.

WIth your latest update of the software, it seems as though my system still will not scan. It stays in Scanning constantly.

Any help is appreciated.

Login or Signup to post a comment