Start a new topic

Younity installed on both Mac and iPhone and no files from Mac are showing on iPhone.

Description:I've installed Younity on both iPhone and Mac but I can't see any of my files on my iPhone from my Mac. Under preferences on the Mac I see both my Mac and iPhone are registered devices.

Hi Matt,

At present, younity allows you to access the files from your laptops and desktops on your iOS devices, but not the other way around.

We are working on some cool new features that will, for example, allow you to access your iPhone's photos from your Mac, but those features are not yet available.

We will keep you (and all our users) posted about all of our upcoming features. We hope you will enjoy them.
Thanks for responding Mike!

However I think you misunderstood me. I'm not looking to view files from my iPhone on my Mac, I'm looking to view files from my Mac on my iPhone.. I'm trying to do exactly what you said. View files on my iPhone.
Well, that *is* supposed to work. If it's not too much trouble, would you please do the following:

1. Completely delete the app from iOS (if you don't know how to do that, you can Google it, or let me know and I'll walk you through it).

2. Re-download and install the app from the App Store. You will need to re-register the device. It would be best to do this when you're on wi-fi, as opposed to the cellular network, because the next step will go faster.

3. Once you've done that, you should see an updating spinner as iOS is pulling file information from your Mac. Once that updating spinner goes away, check to see if things look right.

4. If things do not look right, please check the Settings and see if your Mac appears as Available. And then send the logs from the app (the button is in Settings).

I checked the settings on my Mac and saw that both my iPhone and Mac were "available". I selected the refresh button afterwards. Then I opened up the app on my iPhone and saw that it was refreshing. It appears that I finally have access to my files on my Mac from my iPhone.

So I'm all set!! Thanks for the help Mike, I appreciate it!!

- Matt
Login or Signup to post a comment