Start a new topic

How can I uninstall younity on MAC?

2 people have this question

Hi Onur, we're sorry to see you go. To uninstall, first unregister your device via the younity icon in your menu bar. After that, quit younity via the same icon in the menu bar. Finally, go to your GOLD_FD_users.xml Applications directory (not the root Applications directory) located at /user/Applications and throw the younity application in the trash. The root Applications directory only has an alias to the actual application, which is installed per user account. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Otherwise, please feel free to share your thoughts on how we can make younity a better product for you. We'll do our best to make it better and welcome you back. Thanks.

how can i remove younity from my mac and ipad

There is no uninstaller for younity. Like most Mac applications, you uninstall it by simply deleting the application. However, if you want to be thorough, you should delete both the following folders:

/Users/<your username>/Applications/younity

One more thing to delete. We also install a Login Item, which allows younity to run whenever you Mac starts. It's not necessary to delete this after you delete the app, since OS X will figure out that it points to a deleted application, but if you want to be extra thorough, you can delete that as well. To do so, open System Preferences, then navigate to Users & Groups, click the Login Items tab, select the younity item, and click the minus sign '-' to delete it.

On an iOS device you simply hold your finger on the application until it starts to shake and a small "x" appears in the corner of the icon, then tap on the 'x' and the program will be deleted.

Thank you

After installing on my iMac, it will only boot to a blue screen. I need to remove that login item from the command line, since I can only get control of the computer in single-user mode. Tell me how to do that asap, please; this software has left my media server useless and inaccessible.

Login or Signup to post a comment