Start a new topic

How long after I register one of my computers can I stream files to iOS?

Do I need to wait a certain period of time after registering a laptop or desktop computer before I can stream files to my iPhone?

When you register one of your devices (e.g. a laptop or desktop computer), younity will scan your hard drive to inventory your files (music, video, documents and photos). This may take a few seconds to a several minutes. It is very fast, but depends entirely on the number of files you have. If you have something like 30,000 files it may take several minutes. Once done, however, all your files are available to be streamed to any other device.
I have around 23000 files and it still takes near half hour is there something wrong?
Hi there,

Sorry you're having difficulties. 23,000 files should be available in no more than about 10 minutes on iOS. If you're still not seeing anything, please go to the Settings view in younity on your iPhone or iPad and make sure your desktop or laptop computer shows up in your device list, and is listed as something other than 'Not available'

If your desktop or laptop is listed as available, and you still don't see any files, please send your logs from your desktop or laptop computer. To do that, right-click on the icon in the menubar (Mac) or system tray (Windows) and select Preferences and then click "Send your logs to Entangled Media Support."

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the inconvenience.
Login or Signup to post a comment