Start a new topic

See nothing on my PC

I asked a question day before yesterday, but don't see an answer. Where can I find the answer?
Still having the same problem. Installed younity on my iPad and then on my PC running Windows 7. I see the app just fine on iPad - menu and everything, but there are no shared files - all choices are empty of files. Yesterday I turned something on in the program on the PC - not Downloaded, but the other choice - hovered over younity in the sys tray and it said "scanning" so I thought it would be ok after that. But I still can't get to a menu or anything at all on my PC. It just clocks for a few seconds and nothing else happens. Please help.

Hi Jan,

I'm sorry for the delay, but we don't seem to have a record of your previous question. I'm not sure if it was posted here or elsewhere.

Now to your issue:

When you hover over younity in the system tray, does it still say 'scanning'? If so, please send the logs from your PC. To do that, click on the icon in the system tray and select Preferences. Then click on the Settings tab. Then click "Send my logs to Entangled Media Support."

If younity is done scanning your PC, do you see any files in the younity app on your iPad? If not, please go to the Settings view and see if your PC is listed as "Available over RELAY" or "Available over LAN and RELAY".

While you're in the settings view, please feel free to send the logs from there as well.

We will take a look and get to the bottom of it. Thanks for your patience and your assistance.
No, it isn't still scanning.
I do now see my PC files files on my iPad, and I managed to play a song from my PC on my iPad, but haven't yet been able to bring up a menu for younity on my PC so that I can get the files from my iPad. I have some new pictures that I want to send from my PC. We are making progress!

I'm glad things are looking better.

Regarding the menu issue: You should be able to right-click on the younity icon in the system tray and see a menu. The menu will allow you to unregister your device (but don't do that!), see your preferences, change the locations on your PC that younity monitors, send your logs, etc.

Are you sure no menu pops up when you click (right-click) on the icon in the system tray?

Regarding the other issue, younity does not yet make images (or any files) from your iPad available on your PC. That's a much-requested feature we're considering for an upcoming release, but it does not exist yet.

Please let us know if you have any other issues. And thanks for your support.
Login or Signup to post a comment